Welcome! After a decade of tai chi practice and other holistic trainings, in 1999 I was inspired to create unique, new (or ancient??) movements for peace, fun and personal growth, beginning with Astrolo-Chi® (astrol-uh-chee), the unique blend of tai chi and astrology. These unique holistic modalities can give your spirits a lift day or night, and are simple, fun and easy to learn.
My own path of peace, personal growth and wellness began in the 80's with experiential therapy, which in the 90's expanded into chi gong with Michael Whiting and certifications in Jin Shin Do® BodyMind Acupressure®, yoga, reiki and water aerobics. As Jeff Baugher and I started creating and teaching Astrolo-Chi® in 199-2000, I also began the mindfulness-based Hakomi® body-centered psychotherapy three year training and joined The Mankind Project. Fueled by all of this unique experiential wisdom, our movements and partner movements soon took on a life of their own, inspiring the other holistic magic on this website.
Beliefs & Assumptions
- Peace and personal growth can be fun, and what a different world it will be when THAT paradigm shifts ☺️
- The body is the unconscious mind.
- Slow, relaxed, fluid movement, deep breathing, relaxation and mindfulness deepen access to the right brain, intuition and body wisdom, helping you to know thyself in ways that the brain alone cannot.
- Like cross-training biceps and triceps, our six pairs of movements/ PARTNER movements can help you to move into a peaceful balance.
- Feeling chi for the first time can forever change your life.
- There is an art to consciously setting up the space around you to deepen body wisdom and help you tune into your inner life. Listen to Jeff Baugher's belief about this subject here.
- One of the most important questions to consider is about internal vs. external authority, i.e. "Where does authority lie?" Listen to Jeff Baugher's thoughts about this subject here.