Welcome! After a decade of holistic trainings and practice, in 1999 I began creating unique new holistic magic, beginning with Astrolo-Chi® (astrol-uh-chee). These unique modalities can give your spirit a lift day or night, and you can learn them in one hour or one day sessions in Louisville, Kentucky. I also travel to teach at retreats and other events.
My own path of peace, personal growth and wellness began in the 80's with experiential therapy and in the 90's expanded into chi gong with Michael Whiting and certifications in Jin Shin Do® BodyMind Acupressure®, yoga, reiki and water aerobics. As Jeff Baugher and I created and started teaching Astrolo-Chi® in 2000, I also began the mindfulness-based Hakomi® body-centered psychotherapy three year training and joined The Mankind Project. Fueled by all of this unique experiential wisdom, our movements and partner movements soon took on a life of their own, inspiring the other holistic magic on this website.
Beliefs & Assumptions
- Peace and personal growth can be fun, and what a different world it will be when THAT paradigm shifts ☺️
- Slow, relaxed, fluid movement, deep breathing and mindfulness deepen access to the right brain, intuition and body wisdom, helping you to know thyself in ways that the brain alone cannot.
- Feeling chi for the first time can forever change your life, and most people do in our classes.
- Our unique movements are a celebration of the beauty and lushness of life, and can awaken deep heart-felt peace, joy, energy and awareness.
- Like cross-training biceps and triceps, our six pairs of movements/ PARTNER movements can help you to move into a peaceful balance.
- The mindulness-based and body-centered tools of Hakomi are powerful in-routes to deepening healing and body wisdom.
- A lifestyle of personal growth and willingness to deeply feel are ideal to get the most out of these movements.
- There is an art to consciously setting up the space around you to deepen body wisdom and the inner life. Listen to Jeff Baugher's belief about this subject here.
- One of the most important questions to consider is about the inner and the outer, and "Where does authority lie?" Listen to Jeff Baugher's thoughts on body wisdom and authority here.